Sunday, January 20, 2008


"Mothman"
3" by 4"
Oil on Masonite













Tonight was a prime example of not forcing something.

I spent six hours trying to paint an apple David brought me.

No go. I just could not get that apple down. I wiped panel after panel and kept trying. Threw two into the trash after multiple tries.

After snapping at David and Dulce (the dog), I finally decided that I couldn't paint something I really didn't care about and had a look 'round for my idea pile (a pile of pictures and sketches that sorta follows me from room to room).

Guess who was on top of the pile.

(and I come by him honestly as my Granny was from West Virginia)

He took all of 45 minutes to paint.

Lesson learned; paint what you know.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Great creepy eyes.

The apple tasted good, though....

David