Sunday, January 27, 2008


"Dulce"
3" by 4"
Oil on Masonite













I promise, this is the last puppy or kitten I'll post for a while.

Today is my dog Dulce's first birthday.

Last year, about this time, I got a call from Dixie, of Dixie's Doodles, telling me there were enough chocolate colored Labradoodles in Amelia's litter for me to have one, and in six weeks I could make my choice.

I won't say that she's been a perfect angel, but she's been a pretty good dog so far.

Here's to another year with the dog who looks like she's a creation from Muppet Labs.

The Dulcinator.

The Fuzzball.

Dixie's Dulce De Leche.

2 comments:

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

Dulce as in that seaweed they eat in the Canadian Maritimes?
Just wondering if you are transplanted from those parts. They also say 'wee'little thing'.
I love the UFO paintings!

Tara Wheeler said...

I'm afraid it's Dulce as in 'Dulce de Leche' which is a fancy Mexican caramel sweet.

Dulce's Dad is more caramel colored than chocolate.

But I think she's going to grey out and turn kinda champagne/pewter colored like her Momma.

Dulce was the color of dark chocolate when born.

Thanks about the UFOs. I'm afraid I have many more planned. . .