Thursday, January 10, 2008





"Elvis Impersonator"
3" by 4"
Oil on Masonite










Hi all!

Sorry I didn't post yesterday. Things are still pretty upset around here.

I had this great idea last weekend to paint a portrait of Elvis in honor of his birthday (and because my Mom is a big Elvis fan).

Well, things got nuts and I had to put it off.

I had a poblano pepper I had bought to paint and it was starting to go bad, so I decided to paint that first and leave Elvis until later.

But the whole time, I was thinking of how I was going to tackle the Elvis painting.

After two hours of hacking at that pepper, I still wasn't happy with it. Here's that painting.




"Bad Pepper"
3" by 4"
Oil on Masonite











I looked up and it was past midnight, I was tired and I wasn't happy with my painting.

So, like an idiot, I started on the painting of Elvis.

Two hours after that, I had two paintings, and I wasn't happy with either one of them.

David convinced me to go to bed without posting anything.

Today, I repainted the pepper. Here's the one I like.




"Good Pepper"
3" by 4"
Oil on Masonite











And I worked on the Elvis painting until I was pretty sure that I need a lot more work on my portrait painting skills.

So, today you get three paintings as an apology for not posting a painting yesterday.

No comments: