Tuesday, January 1, 2008


"Fireworks"
3" by 4"
Oil on Masonite













Here's the first of my new series!
I'm rather pleased. It took me about an hour with multiple distractions, but I'm happy to say, I managed to ignore most of them and keep plugging along.

I oiled the new carrier and it'll be ready to hit the road as of tomorrow.

I'm hoping to do some plein air works in this format and maybe even go crazy and do some live model sketches. The Dougherty Arts Center has a live model on Tuesday mornings.

I may use it as a warm up for the next Dr. Sketchy!

Anyway, Happy New Year!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I love it ... it's gorgeous ... what a way to start the year!

Tara Wheeler said...

Thank you! And right back at you!

Sam said...

I agree, a perfect way to start off the new year! Fireworks! One of my fav's so far.