Saturday, January 19, 2008




"Lucile Brawl"
3" by 4"
Oil on Masonite











Kinda disappointed by tonight's Dr. Sketchy.

I've been looking forward to this for over a month now.

The gals they had posing were very nice (from the Texas Rollergirls Roller Derby, a team called the Hot Rod Honeys ), but had trouble holding a pose. And the lighting was for crap.

Then they put the gals on the floor rather than the stage and I couldn't see them at all.

Last Dr. Sketchy, I came out with ten, 9" by 12" sketches, four of which I'm still working on and quite happy with.

This Dr. Sketchy, I came out with four 3" by 4" sketches, and this is the only one I'm vaguely happy with.

Sigh.

The other thing I did today was build a display case for my daily paintings, so I can see a month at a glance.

Here it is.


















It's a 30" by 30" piece of 1/8" luan, with five little shelves and some framing to hang it on the wall and keep it from warping.

I figure I'll put my new paintings on the wall, then put them in a drying rack and from there I'll box them.

No comments: