Friday, March 14, 2008


"Weird Little Carrot"
3" by 4"
Oil on Gessobord















"Bunch of Weird Little Carrots"
3" by 4"
Oil on Gessobord






These are from last week's major raid on the produce section of HEB Central Market.

They're just about to go bad; they've been in my fridge since then.

I went to paint the bunch first.

I was setting up, looked away for a second and my dog, Dulce, walked by, casually snagged the entire bunch and went to her bed with them.

Thankfully, I noticed the theft before she'd done much damage.

She did manage to pull the single most interesting carrot out of the bunch, so I ended up painting that first.

The whole bunch reminds me of a rat king somehow. . .

1 comment:

Dana and Daisy said...

I love the carrots, especially the complimentary blue background.