Thursday, March 27, 2008


"View From My Kitchen Window"
3" by 4"
Oil on Gessobord









"The Ravens' Aspens; Early Spring"
3" by 4"
Oil on Gessobord












Hi all! Sorry I've been gone so long.

It's been a rough week.

I've finally got my studio all unpacked and gotten settled enough to actually *want* to paint.

The remains of this week are going to be very busy; I'm going to be out painting with Plein Air New Mexico tomorrow and hope to do some figurative stuff on Saturday.

Tonight's paintings are both from my own backyard. The first one is quite literally the view from where I'm currently sitting at my kitchen island. It's amazing.

The second one is from a stand of aspens just to the Northwest of us on a neighbor's property. For some reason, the local ravens love this stand of aspens and we hear them commenting loudly every time we go out back.

My husband and I have been referring to it as 'the Ravens' Aspens'.

I'll probably be painting this repeatedly as it leafs out.

Things are just about to start bud break here in Northern New Mexico.

I'm going to be a busy painter. And I promise to catch up with my paintings before the end of the month.

No comments: